Who we are
Established in 1985, Eclectic Communications Llc and Eclectic Communications SAS (ECCOM) is a language services provider (LSP) based in San Francisco, California and Biarritz, France respectively.
What do we do
ECCOM provides a comprehensive array of linguistic services: translation, interpreting, website globalization, software localization, transcription, voiceover and other language related services to public, private and non-profit sectors.
How we collect, use, save and delete your personal information
We collect your personal identification information (personal data) when you communicate with us by electronic media. The personal identification information collected is first name, last name, email address, job title, browser version and phone number. If you request any information from our website or our office, we may ask that you provide specific personal information to ensure delivery and execution of your request. Any personal identification information that we collect from website is passed on to our Sales Team and/or Project Managers for follow-up or to provide any information you have requested.
Your email address or phone number will be used to contact you regarding your request for quote, or in conjunction with your job application. If you apply for a freelance job position and provide us with personal identification information in that context, the following will be retained by us in case we need to contact you for a follow-up: your first name, last name, language pair(s), email address and your location. This information will be used solely by ECCOM and will not be distributed to any 3rd party.
Once we have received your personal information from you with your application for any open position in accordance with your qualifications, your personal information will be processed, stored and used based on your consent.
You are not legally obliged to provide us with your personal information. If you chose not to provide us with your personal information, you cannot be considered for any professional collaboration.
We will delete your personal information if it is no longer required for your participation in our projects, to execute a request you made, or if you have withdrawn your consent to processing your personal information, unless and insofar as a longer storage period is required by law, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Your rights with regard to your personal information
Under Art. 12 et sec. GDPR, you have the right to
- request access,
- request correction,
- request deletion or restriction of processing,
- object to the processing,
- request transfer, or
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority with regard to your personal information that we collect.
Option to opt-out or withdraw consent
Your request for information, request for quote or request for participation in our projects are always voluntary. You can choose to remove your e-mail address from our mailing list at any time. Once it has been removed, you will no longer receive any communication from us. To unsubscribe, please send an email to email@example.com expressing your wish to opt-out.
You can also withdraw your consent to process your personal information at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing your personal information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Access to your personal information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com in order to obtain access to your personal information.
If we hold information about you and you can establish that it is not accurate, complete, and up to date, we will correct it. This can be accommodated either over the phone, or by emailing us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer and disclosure of your personal information
We will transfer your personal information to our respective offices for processing. According to the decision of the European Commission no. 2002/2/EC of 20 December 2001, they provide an adequate level of data protection.
We will not share, sell, license, trade or rent your personal identification data unless you have given your express consent in any such case. We reserve the right to disclose your personal identification data as required by law, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and there are no overriding interests of you withstanding such disclosure, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
When you visit our website, we may use ‘cookies’ to track the patterns of behavior of the visitors to our website. We place a text file (a cookie) in the browser directory of an individual computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information which stores basic information you enter into the website on your web browser. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that sets up the cookie. Some browsers can be set to reject all cookies.
See below how you can opt out of behavioral tracking
Here’s how to delete cookies in different browsers:
How to contact us
Last modified: 01.01.2021
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Eclectic Communications, and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material from our Website.
You may not use the Company name, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Any information that is subject to the Privacy Act will be used in full accordance with all rules of conduct as applicable to Privacy Act Information
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ECCOM, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.